Perfect Salmon Fillet Using the Sous Vide Method
medium 43 °C
well done 50 °C
- 2 salmon fillets (2.5 cm thick)
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- thinly sliced shallots
- lemon zest
1. First set the Lauben Sous Vide Stick to preheat the water. Adjust the temperature according to how done you want the salmon fillets.
2. First add salt to the salmon. Now place it along with the other ingredients into the bag - you can either use a zip lock bag or a vacuum sealer if you want to keep the food fresh longer.
3. If you are using a zip lock bag, place the bag half open in the water bath so that the water expels the air. Once the whole of the salmon has been submerged and the air has gone from the bag, close it completely.
4. After the set time has elapsed, the cooker will alert you and then switch itself off. Carefully remove the salmon from the bag and remove all the herbs. The finished fish is very delicate, so it is necessary to proceed with caution. Peel off the skin and serve immediately. Tastes best freshly prepared.
Use a sous vide cooker for easy preparation
Lauben Sous Vide Stick SV01
Other great sous vide recipes
Superb steak using the sous vide method
Vegan Soup Packed Full of Vitamins
For more great recipes from Mark Fichtner, see the brochure included with the Lauben Sous Vide Stick.
Articles for sous vide cooking
Perfect steak using the sous vide method
Sous vide FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Traditional cooking vs. sous vide
Learn more about how to cook